CO-OP Student of the Year Award
Each year, one student per faculty receives a Student of the Year Award. These students must have shown excellence in
the following areas:
- On-the-job achievement (information provided by the employer)
- Academic achievement (information provided by the faculty)
- Extra-curricular activities at school, at work or in the community (information provided by selected students only)
These selection criteria were developed by Co-operative Education and Work-Integrated Learning Canada (CEWIL Canada),
which grants a similar award. The University of Ottawa award serves to recognize some of our outstanding CO-OP students.
Our award recipients may also be nominated for the CEWIL and EWO (Education at Work Ontario) CO-OP Student of the Year Awards.
VALUE OF AWARD:
NUMBER OF AWARDS:
One per faculty
FREQUENCY OF AWARD:
Once per year, in March
Details and Eligibility
- Potential nominees must be registered as full-time CO-OP students. They must have completed at least one CO-OP work term and received an outstanding
evaluation from the employer, have an excellent academic record and be in good standing in their faculty and with the CO-OP Office.
- Students can be nominated by their faculty, the CO-OP Student Association, employers or the CO-OP Office.
- Each faculty winner is selected from a group of nominees, by a selection committee chosen by the Faculty.
April to December
- Winter term: Nominations are usually accepted until the end of April or
May (exact date provided via email)
- Summer term: Nominations will be accepted until the end of August or
September (exact date provided via email)
- Fall term: Nominations will be accepted until the end of November or
early December (exact date provided via email)
- Faculty selection committees assess their candidates.
- Faculties present their awards.
- One University of Ottawa winner is selected and announced at the CO-OP
Annual Reception Gala.